3D Print Finishing Tool: Finish, Repair, and Modify
MODIFI3D™ is a multi-purpose, USB-powered heated tool to help you refine your 3D printed projects. No more separate sanding, scraping, and snapping – MODIFI3D™ does it all!
The secret is in the 15-second heat up process which lets you create a clean surface. Its pen-shaped design makes it lightweight and convenient to use, to give you the best control. Plus, 4 interchangeable and specially coated tips provide superior versatility and precision that rivals more expensive and unwieldy tools.
This is the best addition you can make to your 3D printing toolkit. At only $31.99, MODIFI3D™ does the job of several tools, so you’ll never have to spend on extra tools again!
- 5V 8W
- USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 recommended
- Size: 15mm (0.6″) x 117mm (4.6″) excluding tips
- Weight: 120g (4.3 oz)
- Cable: 1.5m (59″) long to USB A plug
- Heats up to 300ºC (572ºF) in less than 15 seconds.
- Maximum temperature of 420-450ºC (788-842ºF)
* – JUST A SIMPLE REMINDER: The unit is designed to operate best between 0.5 amps (USB 2.0) & 0.9amps (USB 3.0). Over this amperage level will burn out the tool. Under this level will produce problems with operation. For example, USB 1.1 is somewhat less than 0.5 amps & produces intermittent problems with the tool. iPhone chargers on the other hand produce much more than 1 amp and produce the opposite effect burning out the tool in short order.
3D printers have allowed us to innovate in terms of 3D design. However, you can’t avoid the inevitable imperfections that come with the medium, such as rough spots, excess material, and general output flaws. And reprinting can be wasteful.
This is where the MODIFI3D™ Finishing Tool steps in. It performs the finishing, repairing, and modification tasks that you need so you come up with perfect 3D prints, easy!
- 4 interchangeable tips.
- Needle, knife, scoop and point tips.
- Special tip coating to prevent sticking.
- Rapid heat up in less than 15 seconds.
- Sleep mode if not used for 25 seconds.
- Lightweight, compact and easy to use.
- Touch switch and indicator light.
- USB powered (USB 2.0 or USB 3.0).
Basic stand included.
Watch the Video Clip.
* – As a bonus, you get an STEELMAN Add-on Tool kit for every purchase of the MODIFI3D™ 3D Print Finishing Tool. Just download the STL file, export the file into your usual CAM/CAD software and print it with your trusty 3D printer. See the image below to view the product output.